The Covington Township Police Department is currently accepting applications for a highly motivated individual to serve as the departments School Resource Officer.
This position involves a community policing approach to calls for assistance with the overall responsibility of protecting life and property on the North Pocono High School Campus. Duties include patrolling the campus, parking enforcement, criminal investigations, motor vehicle accident investigations, assists with, prepares, and offers training, crime prevention, and other educational programs for faculty, staff, and students, providing security during school functions such as sporting events, concerts or plays and responding to medical emergencies.
- High School or equivalent GED
- Valid PA Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Clean criminal background; must be maintained throughout employment.
- PA Act 120 (Municipal Police Academy) required
- Must maintain valid CPR/AED/ First Aid certification
- Prior Law Enforcement experience preferred.
- Must be able to successfully work in stressful situations.
- Must use exceptionally good judgement.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Due to the nature of the position, must maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a personable manner.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and deal effectively with regular interruptions while maintaining accuracy and showing patience for detail.
- Must possess strong computer skills, be willing and able to learn new systems and functions.
- Ability to work hours as necessary based on the needs of the department and school district, including overtime and various shifts.
- Dedicated to the mission of the Covington Township Police and the North Pocono School District.
For more information, please contact Chief Bernie Klocko at 570-842-6400. Qualified individuals may apply in person or send an application and resume to the Covington Township Police department at 4 John J. Michaels Dr. Covington Twp PA 18444. Applications are available at Covingtontwp.org under “Forms and Ordinances” or https://covingtontwp.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/COVINGTON-TOWNSHIP-Application-for-Employment-2011.pdf